- 1 slice bologna (¼“ thick)
- 1 large egg + 1 tsp water, whisked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 1 slice medium cheddar cheese
In a non-stick skillet on med heat, fry bologna in oil until golden brown, remove and set-aside in a warm oven. Place egg-rounder in bottom of same skillet, pour in whisked egg and season to taste. Cover skillet and cook on medium heat until egg is firm. Place bologna, cheese and egg on bottom half of toasted muffin and top with the other.
Bucatini & Bologna Rings in Garlic Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 1 Yale bologna ring
- 1 pkg (450g) bucatini pasta, uncooked
- 1 lg onion, cut ½ inch rings
- 12 sm cloves garlic
- 12 whole cashews
- 1 sm red, yellow & orange pepper, cut in rings
- 1 tbsp ground oregano
- 1 tbsp ground parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Cut bologna ring into ½ to ¾ inch widths. Carefully insert 9 pieces of uncooked bucatini through each bologna piece. Place bologna and pasta in boiling water, cook until al-dente (approx 15 minutes). Drain and set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, cashews, peppers, dried herbs in olive oil until onion is translucent. Season to taste. Stir frequently. Place cooked pasta and bologna in skillet and toss lightly until heated through. Serve on pasta plates and garnish with parmesan cheese.