- 4 tbsp veg oil
- 1 med onion (finely chopped )
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 sm carrot (sm chopped)
- 1 sm celery stalk (sm chopped)
- 1 med potato (sm chopped)
- 1 lb mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- Dash dry thyme
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- ½ cup hot milk (or cream)
- Salt & pepper
In a soup pot, low-med heat, sweat onion, garlic, carrot, celery, potato, mushrooms and thyme in oil for 10 minutes (do not let vegetables brown). Stir occasionally. Season to taste. Add flour and stir to make a roux (5 minutes). Add broth, bring to a boil, and stir until mixture thickens. Cover and simmer for approx 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk and season to taste. Serve piping hot.
out dogs and in dieters – prepare for the summer fishery
Happy New Year 2014, we are revamping saltjunk.com ….please visit often for webpage progress….
Kevin J Phillips