To Newfoundlanders & Labradoreans “fish” is considered “cod”.
- 2 tbsp pork fat (or vegetable oil)
- 2 med onions (sm chopped)
- 2 lb cod fish (cut in 2” pieces)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 4 lg potatoes (med cubed)
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
In a stewing pot, low heat, cook onions in pork fat for 5 minutes (do not brown). Add cod and cook on one side for 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a slow boil. Add potatoes, carrots and season to taste. Simmer for approx 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve piping hot and garnish with fresh parsley. Excellent with a cup of good steeped tea and homemade fresh bread with molasses.
where ya to? – where are you?