Daily Archives: February 3, 2017
This recipe is taken from the Bologna Cookbook (published by Flanker Press Ltd), and it’s absolutely delicious. Again, I must thank Lisa Mina for this recipe.
Makes 12 servings
- 12 slices bologna (¾” thick)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (use your favourite)
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 tsp mustard
- 12 hamburger buns, toasted or grilled
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
Marinate bologna in barbecue sauce for 6 to 8 hours. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in butter until lightly caramelized. Season to taste and set aside in a warm oven.
On a barbecue or grill over medium heat, cook bologna until nice and crispy. Inside hamburger buns, spread mustard; layer bologna, cheese, and onions. Sit back and enjoy the game.