This recipe is taken from the Bologna Cookbook (published by Flanker Press Ltd), and it’s absolutely delicious. Again, I must thank Lisa Mina for this recipe.
Makes 12 servings
- 12 slices bologna (¾” thick)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (use your favourite)
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 tsp mustard
- 12 hamburger buns, toasted or grilled
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
Marinate bologna in barbecue sauce for 6 to 8 hours. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in butter until lightly caramelized. Season to taste and set aside in a warm oven.
On a barbecue or grill over medium heat, cook bologna until nice and crispy. Inside hamburger buns, spread mustard; layer bologna, cheese, and onions. Sit back and enjoy the game.
- 1 slice bologna (¼“ thick)
- 1 large egg + 1 tsp water, whisked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 English muffin, toasted
- 1 slice medium cheddar cheese
In a non-stick skillet on med heat, fry bologna in oil until golden brown, remove and set-aside in a warm oven. Place egg-rounder in bottom of same skillet, pour in whisked egg and season to taste. Cover skillet and cook on medium heat until egg is firm. Place bologna, cheese and egg on bottom half of toasted muffin and top with the other.